Saturday, July 16, 2005

San Diego Padres at Petco Park

Petco Park
Beach Towel Night!

In another expression of Americanism, Friday evening [since this'll stay on this blog for untold ages, the date was yesterday, 15 July 2005] again I attended another winning game at San Diego's extraordinarily state-of-the-art Petco Park. Amazingly, it was Beach Towel Night, so I arrived home with my awesome Padres towel that folds up into its own bag.

San Diego Padres 10, Arizona Diamondbacks 7

Read all about it.

Fireworks from Navy Pier

Toward the ballgame's finale, fireworks from the not-too-distant Navy pier amounted to a short display, but plenty enough to crown the evening.

Half Moon, Nighttime Sky

Remember Janis Joplin's 3-times platinum Pearl? Yesterday evening's moon reminded me of "Half Moon."

Spirit in the Sky

My review of this game gets to include some Pauline theology--believe it! At the top of the 9th they played Norman Greenbaum's famous Spirit In The Sky!
When I die and they lay me to rest
Gonna go to the place that's the best
Prepare yourself, you know it's a must
Gotta have a friend in Jesus
So you know that when you die
He's gonna recommend you
To the Spirit in the sky
That's where you're gonna go when you die
When you die and they lay you to rest
You're gonna go to the place that's the best
Never been a sinner I never sinned
I got a friend in Jesus
So you know that when I die
He's gonna set me up with
The Spirit in the sky
Trevor Saved the Game!

The absolutely unparalleled Number 51, Trevor Hoffmann's save added up to number 26 for this season and a career number 419.

No comments: