Friday, January 19, 2007

Feline Friday Five

Badda Bing Badda Boom Friday Five

Today's Friday 5 is so fun! I challenged myself to play without peeking at anyone else's answers. Since I'm way out on the Left Coast, a lot of Fridays I don't play until later than everyone else, and today isn't an exception :((

This time I'm actually trying not to be my usual formally theological self...
F5, short and sweet.

The questions are simple, the answers unlimited. Go!
Who: My former neighbors, Lisa, Al and their two kids;

What: my decision to adopt their young brown tabby boy cat they'd found in an alley and named "Alley";

When: almost 5 years ago, during spring 2002;

Where: from their house to my house;

Why: they claimed he was outrageously aggressive; I thought he was gorgeous and full of potential--(hey, I need to take some pics and get them online soon!);

Bonus: How: making a deal with them I'd go 50/50 with the cost of his neutering; Lisa brought him to me together with his dishes, some food and a cat bed;

My self-defined extra bonus: So what? since I already had Pumpkin Marigold, an orange tabby girl cat I usually called "PM," I renamed my new adoptee, keeping Alley as the first part of his name and adding a middle name beginning with "M" so I could have both AM and PM. His middle name? Malibu, after the strip beach not far away from the Central Artery in Boston and not the more illustrious California beach of the same name. AM has grown up to be amazing, affectionate and very large!

7 comments:

reverendmother said...

Aww..

Sally said...

double awww!!!

Anonymous said...

My cats say - "four paws up!"
^^
><

d

Anonymous said...

That is an awwwww....

Unknown said...

What a great story!

Sue said...

Aaawww...so sweet!! I love happy cat stories!

Anonymous said...

You never told me that before!!! What other furry surprises are you holding out on me? LOL! ;) HUGS!!!