Friday, February 09, 2007

American Idols Friday 5

Another Friday 5 from the RevGals, appropriately posted on one of my city blogs.


American Idols! I've never watched the show, but I know of Kelly Clarkson and love her singing "Breakaway" (Avril Lavigne is so good) and "Because of You." True I have a degree in classical piano and organ performance and love attending symphony, but my casual radio listening almost always tends to current pop and oldies, so within the usual guidelines of Friday Five, I'll take my own twist on today's 5.

1) If I could sing like anyone, it would be Jewel Kilcher.

2) I would love to sing the songs "Absence of Fear" by the aforementioned Jewel and "Faces in the Wind"—the only version I know is by Karla Bonoff; music by Craig Safan..

3) It would be really cool to sing at the local 4th and B.

4) If I could sing a dream (duet) trio it would be with Robin and Linda Williams, the song, Don't Let me Come Home a Stranger. You need to scroll down the page for the lyrics.

5) If I could sing on a TV or radio show, it would be the theme song written and composed by me for my own future production of Adventures in Reformation Theology, since that's the kind of topic people always ask me about, so why not go public, esp given the intense popular interest.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Wow what an unusual play- I love your answers, but had to look most of them up!!! age, or what?

Unknown said...

At least I can identify Robin and Linda Williams!

more cows than people said...

love "absence of fear". great play!

Unknown said...

What an unusual play.
Robin and Linda Williams I recognize.

Interesting answers.

But I am not a trained person.